11 August 2008

serenate a Caprile

I don't think I have ever had so many people coming through an exhibition in New Zealand. Even in our tiny village of 90 people several hundred can come through an exhibition. The villages are all so close, people from all walks of life and of all ages come, and I am beoming used to hearing children of about 6 years old exclaiming to their parents in most adult tones about the paintings. I am now seeing repeat visitors, and they are asking/talking about paintings that I have not included in the most recent show. It really is a culture that supports artists. This time, as the exhibition was for only one evening, I used lanterns and torches to light the space. It had a wonderful ambience, even though potential customers had to take paintings out into the piazza to have a closer look.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

You looks *so* beautiful.
I'm sure the night was magical!