7 August 2008

itchy feet...

and it's not just the mosquitoes!

I think I wore myself out with those portraits. I have had a four-day break just sleeping, pottering, paints out of sight. I have packaged work to send overseas, paid some bills, swept, wiped, scrubbed, organised...

I'm coming right.

Now, unfortunately, work has stopped in my cantina. My worker has hurt his back. Right at the time Italy is on holiday and he has more hours he could have worked for me. I believe him. I know all about bad backs, and I watched him walk down the street. It is real.

So, no energy to paint, no progress in the house, I am getting itchy feet. I am building up for a creative surge in Sarah's studio. I have been talking to New Zealand. I have been chatting with Scotland. (Aussie, where are you?)

In this "down-time" the work for the exhibition in three weeks time (yikes that is close!) has fully formed in my head.

I'm getting excited, counting the days. My ticket is booked, the materials are ordered (thankyou, paypal and Dick Blick) and next week, after catching up with a friend over "una bella cena" (a wonderful meal), I am on my way to paint up a storm (figuratively speaking, that is!)

But first, gotta go! I'm heading out the door now to book my ticket to New Zealand for November-December. And then maybe check out cheap flights to London to follow my paintings over there.

Zacchi, you will be OK without me, truly you will. You get to have a holiday too!

1 comment:

lisa solomon said...

exciting... travel, art making...

thanks for your comment on my blog!