17 August 2008

all set to go

I have prepared my canvases with absorbent ground. After seeing how successfully Sarah uses it I am really excited to try... but it means doing a re-think of my subject as what I had in mind will be quite different on this ground.

I will keep you posted...

BTW I have bought some clayboard, something else to try.

*****

Friday we chilled out a little, went shopping for art supplies at Tigertown, lunch at a Chinese restaurant, went to yoga with Chellis, wandered around Auburn university for a while and then ate at Cheeburger Cheeburger. I was completely lost, that is a mission in itself. So many choices to be made, with absolutely no idea of what I was really ordering!

Yesterday we went swimming in Lake Martin, a huge and beautiful man-made lake, and then a wonderfully romantic setting for dinner lakeside, at sunset. Then to a real toe-tapping concert at Waverly (where I learned to do the cake walk three years ago).

I am really surprised at how much I recognise, things I had apparently filed away but not forgotten!

Now to go out for coffee, and I must confess that yesterday I ordered a pizza at Subway, just couldn't help myself, really. It was good too!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

pizza! Yoy have become a typical Italian so rapidly. Next you will be introducing siesta time to the southern US states.
Caterpiller