12 August 2008

in the mail today...

the perfect gift!

Nancy Tichborne's book... it takes me straight back to those wonderful watercolour lessons in Akaroa.

I have had some wonderful workshop tutors, in oils, watercolours and other media. The two who stay with me the most are Anne de Silva (Matamata) who gave me confidence, and Nancy Tichborne (Akaroa) who liberated in me a passion for pushing water and the properties of the pigments to the limit, using glazes of wet in wet.

Thankyou, Ray and Ann. I am going to get a huge amount of pleasure from Nancy's book, and my mop and other watercolour brushes are packed to travel with me...

Yes, it's back to watercolours for me. Anything else I do becomes my "day job". The watercolours have an element of play... as do some of the subjects! This one was a while ago, but I still enjoy "discovering" it again when I check my own website!

No comments: