30 August 2008

dear Penny

Mum is typing this for me. Tonight I finally realised that Mum was right, the piece of dead skin had to come off because I was making the wound worse all the time.

At first I thought she was going to put that nasty stuff on me again so I hid outside. But then when she didn't come and get me I came back inside and showed her what I had done. I didn't keep my promise you see, although Mum knew all along that I wouldn't.

Then I was really, really good, and even though it hurt I stayed perfectly still and let her fix everything. She had to make four cuts to clear it up, and I didn't move. Not a muscle.

She said it was like when I first came to live with her. I was covered in ticks and she had to save me. I knew she was helping so I was perfect for her.

Right now she says I'm pretty special. I'll bet that she forgets that the next time I am naughty and run off when she calls me though!

Did I tell you what she brought me back from America? Some aeroplane socks, all of my own! Two pairs, 'cos the seat next to her was empty! You see, she does try. But Penny, just between you and me, your socks were the very very best.

Love
Zacchi.

No comments: