9 August 2008

another hour to finish, I think


I must wait for it to be really, truly, completely, absolutely dry before I do any more. I am painting on Fabiano 640gsm hot press and it will take a while to dry, even in this scorching weather.

I must pick out my highlights (this time I have cheated and used masking fluid) and choose where my darkest darks will be. It was a night-time dinner outdoors, but I want to keep it bright and happy, as the occasion really was. The candle in the cake was a spectacular firework that seemed to go on for ever.


Zacchi has always been amazing with both artwork and food. I can put this out to dry without a worry about him running on it, even when chasing cats. He is really delicate with food too. Such a well brought up wee scruffin-muffin!

No comments: