24 February 2009

never give up

Once someone passed on to me the drawing of a duck trying to swallow a frog. I am sure you know it. The frog, partly engorged, was clinging to the duck's neck so it couldn't be swallowed. The text said "Never, never give up".

Some things are worth insisting on, worth following up. Friendships come and go, but the value of a person is never diminished.

In my new country I have made friends, and sometimes appeared to have lost friends. But when it comes to reaching out, waiting patiently, or simply accepting change and hoping it is not permanent, I have learnt to "never give up".

*****

Welcome back, cyber friend. We have never met, but you have so much to offer. I am glad you are blogging again. I return to you, with gratitude, the quote you put on your blog less than an hour ago.

At times our own light goes out and is rekindled by a spark from another person. Each of us has cause to think with deep gratitude of those who have lighted the flame within us - Albert Schweitzer
We never really know when another's light is growing dim, we are the masters of disguise. But if we listen to our intuition, take quiet time and respond to all adversity with love and compassion, we DO make a difference in this world.

*****

PS while looking for the duck and frog image I found this rather lovely story about sweets, marbles, and so much more, posted Feb 13.

I particularly liked
"You come to love not by finding the perfect person, but by seeing an imperfect person perfectly". - Sam Keen
Somehow I want to link this to (29 January post) "The best beloved in my sight is Justice; turn not away therefrom if thou desirest Me, and neglect it not that I may confide in thee. By its aid thou shalt see through thine own eyes and not through the eyes of others and shalt know of thine own knowledge and not through the knowledge of thine neighbour.". (I still want to put this into comtemporary language...)

1 comment:

Vinay said...

Hi,

Thanks for putting link to my blog (http://luvquotes.blogspot.com)in your post. In fact I would like to invite you to mutually place link at each others blogs. You will place mine and I will link to yours.

This may help visitors to our blogs find some useful content.

Thanks!!!!