19 February 2009

round one to zacchi

It's Thursday morning. I woke late, nearly 7. There was no tugging at the blankets, no whimperings from the floor. Odd.

I went out to look for him. Surely I didn't shut Zacchi out in the night. I don't remember him waking me.

He was not on any of the mats. I opened the door, checking anxiously for a frozen body outside. Nothing.

I turned, and out of the corner of my eye I saw...

yes, curled up, sound asleep, on the pillows and blankets on the couch.

He didn't even stir. I lifted the warm block - now growling but still curled in a ball - up from the blankets and deposited it firmly on the cold cement outside.

Round one to Zacchi, darn it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't worry Zacchi, I am coming! You shall enjoy fine Italian food scraps and I will let you sleep inside when Mum isn't looking. :)

Di said...

Oh dear, you didn't know that I let my dog inside and ummm, on my bed sometimes? The thing was that when she was a new puppy, I got the most terrible case of Glandular Fever, I was in bed for a month and terribly ill. That Labrador/Huntaway cross kept me company when no one else cared ... we bonded. I could never throw her outside :-) I am a sucker for divine (stubborn) dogs