27 February 2009

pian piano

Thinking of constructions in NZ I visualised three, maybe four days work for two men, a week at most. How long has it been? On the 19 January work moved outdoors. The job seemed to extend every time I turned around. The retaining walls got the treatment, plants in the way were removed, ground levelled and tidied. Today the lights go in, and the job is complete.

I have succumbed to temptation though, and (after resisting for three years) have bought some weed killer. I will only use it on the top terrace, and feel guilty when I do that, but there are some plants damaging the walls that just have to go. I have warned my friends who harvest the grasses and snails at my place to avoid that part. Once it is fenced in it will be a bit "doggy" for harvesting anyway, which lessens my feelings of guilt.

Overall I am a very happy camper; I know I am really going to enjoy my evenings outdoors. Next project? To build that fence for you-know-who...

Now it's back to work for me, this too is going pian piano...

2 comments:

Feijoa said...

I SO BAGSIE that step for a glass of red wine. It looks FABULOUS!!!

Kay said...

The rascal and I made pizza and chocolate-coffee cake this evening (revision for his English test tomorrow of course) and had a ceremonial turning on of the lights. I turned them on as he sat in the middle of the steps waiting for the light, then he turned them off. No wine though... maybe tomorrow at lunchtime?