23 February 2009

monday, lunedi morning

Stage one, ruins above the village.Sometimes when I write a post I wonder who I am writing it for.

Is this a diary? If so, then it is incomplete. Is it for artists? If so, they are often "short-changed". The Zacchi fans sometimes have to wait a while before I feel inclined to write about the ragamuffin. Is it for my family? Yes, and no. It doesn't contain a fraction of the things I would share with them.

I guess, while started to honour a promise, I write the blog for myself. It fills those pauses in my day, when the soup is coming to the boil, when the paint is drying, when I am not ready to sleep but too tired to work or study.

It always surprises me that people read this. But a blogger I like to read has gone quiet, and I miss her quotations and comments. Reading her blog had become a habit. Maybe, for some, I too have become a habit. I rather like that thought!

Today, down below my sleepy village, we have a new speed camera. The speed limit here is 60kms per hour. That is another reason for loving where I live. Time, and people, can be slowed down. Here we have time, time to enjoy.
.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I like the beginning of this work!