13 September 2011

openings and closings

Sculptures by Patrick Alò made from recycled car parts.




Last night we went to an exhibition opening at Quintessenza, Caprile, a new idea opening the exhibtiion in two places on the same evening (photos above). The "tempter" of smaller works, all made from car parts, was enough for me to want to go to the bigger event in another town. Smaller works were shown in the cantina "pub" across the road from me. Exhibitions on my doorstep can't be a bad thing!

An end of holiday dinner at La Locanda del Castello overlooking the town is always a nice thing to do, and when we walked up behind the hotel this morning on our way to the ruins of the original Roccasecca we were rewarded with a cheery morning greeting and good wishes for our walk from the owner of the hotel. Photos of the ruins later, but for now in this interminable heat it is siesta time.

My guests leave tomorrow, and there is a little gap in traffic where I must paint like crazy to make up time. In our siesta breaks I have prepared my studio for a major effort. But along the way there are others to guide, and a community event to paint at, on location again, this time at the hilltop town of Pico.

Today I am grateful for shade and cool water.

No comments: