9 September 2011

all scrubbed up

Zacchi and I had haircuts today, while Pickle was bathed in the lotion that keeps her hair growing. I thought it had started to come out again, but in this heat one can hardly blame the ailment.

While Zacchi growls and growls and pretends that he hates his bath, he stands still until it is over and lets me bath him without his collar on. He's come a long way in learning that "this is what love looks like, Zacchi" but still wont look in my direction for a photograph.
 

Don't push your luck, Mum, I'm being bathed, alright? 

Piccolina, on the other hand, tries to hide, runs through the house and up the steps (the garden being blocked off until they are dry) and generally tries to squeeze into places she shouldn't be. 
Today Pickle, despite having her collar on for me to grab, managed to elude me and ran all through the house, skidding in the wet, throwing filthy looks behind her as I tried not to slip in the water she was leaving all over the kitchen floor. Grrrr, Piccolina! It's been a while since I have bathed her. When she was at her sickest I bathed her twice or three times a week. Then she even refused the treat after the bath. This time she took the treat, but still glowered at me.

Today I am also grateful for smiles from elderly women in town.

No comments: