10 September 2011

close of summer?

Yoghurt. Truly. And fresh fruit.
Is it the close of summer? There is still no rain in sight, but the evening air feels different. Even some of the bands had a little less oomph in them tonight. The moon rising above the ancient town made up for it.


School goes back on Monday. The evenings are pleasantly cool. The day was still 34 degrees, so we headed to the cooler hilltop villages, taking in the wonderful Neopolitan pasticceria at Arce and the fascinating Baroque church of the apostles Peter and Paul (Parrocchiale of Santi Pietro e Paolo, late 17th century) before heading to Santo Padre with its ancient streets and wonderful views.

The breeze came up as we sat in the local piazza and I appreciated my wrap around my shoulders at 11pm.

Today I am grateful for a pleasant late summer evening.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

<3

helen said...

I hope this dish is also served outside of summer time! Yum