25 September 2011

in the middle


Best not write a new list... I think it would scare me. I'll just keep crossing things off the old list, and hope that I'll be forgiven for being late with a few things that haven't made it onto the list. I'm in the middle of a few things, and usually I work well from lists. This time I think I will just muddle along. I spent far too much of today cleaning, then took time out for lunch and didn't quite pick up the momentum again. Tomorrow is another day...

I have put some new students off until the winter, in the hope that I will paint like crazy in the meantime and not regret losing that potential income. I've finally worked out that there are only so many hours in the day, and I've managed to say that special little word that was so hard to learn, "No".

There is a triffid growing onto my terrace. I am sure it is growing about 10 inches a day. I can't destroy it, it has the most glorious purple-blue flowers. (And yes, I know that the terrace railing is lying down and it's dangerous not having a railing... that's a whole chapter in a book one day).

The water supplies are down again. This afternoon there is no water in the upper half of the village, and those of us on the lucky side of the road have water to the ground floor only, nothing upstairs. Apparently we are receiving only a quarter of the normal supply. It is nearly 10pm and the water isn't back yet. Furry teeth, or go downstairs yet again?

Today I am grateful for time to cut my toenails.

No comments: