26 September 2011

forced to go shopping

We have had little water for two days. Now there really is NO water. Time to shop for drinking water, hand sanitiser, and perhaps stop in somewhere and fill a container... in New Zealand I could always bucket water from the closest trough to flush the loo. I'll have to try the bottom of the fountain but the neighbours could well have beaten me to what water is there.

I guess I'll be in good company; although I managed a wash this morning we must all be starting to smell!

Today I am grateful for water in the kettle and soup in the fridge.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Poop in the woods! Like a BEAR!

Kay said...

There's a little water back again this evening... I'm sort of clean! It makes you appreciate how life was back when houses had no running water though! This morning people from the upper part of the village were getting water from the fountains on my side of the road. It's a fair hike back up with the heavy bottles!