29 June 2008

stage three... or is it four?


stage four I think... another three steps to go. (photo taken with flash, some reflected light from wet areas).

*Finish the clothing.
*Correct any problems (check details of ears, eyes, mouth etc) and adjust hue and tone.
*Add a bit of "zing".

Put aside for a while, check again, then adjust again or add the poppy and varnish. Let's hope it is the latter, time flies and the August exhibition is suddenly far too close!

The next commissioned portrait will stay secret until 29 July in case the recipient chances upon my blog... highly unlikely as she is a local, but I think I should keep her "under wraps" until then. Then onto the next lot... who said my life was one great holiday? (Smiles with twinkling eyes as she lays her happily exhausted bones in something resembling order and drifts off to sleep).

2 comments:

Sarah said...

WHOA!
This one you did SO FAST!
Crikey!

Kay said...

Zacchi says, that's all she does. She says it is too hot to walk and besides, she has to paint!

Not finished but will come together very soon I think; it does help when you have actually spoken to the person and have some idea of their personality.

Also my confidence has grown with the last two, I am enjoying them so much more now.