3 May 2009

just chilling...

I don't enjoy being in limbo between works. Sometimes I would love some simple routine, knowing what each day might hold, being sure of something. But I guess in time I would tire of that.

Today was completely different from the day I had planned. In fact, the whole weekend was. I suppose that was a good thing? I used to enjoy being flexible, not knowing what was ahead of me. I wonder if it is the general uncertainty of life in 2009 that is making me yearn for a little predictability?

Tomorrow is back to work up on the scaffolding. I will be pleased when I can sit down at the table with my watercolours again. Absence makes the heart grow fonder... that applies to painting techniques as well!

***

When talking about what to wear to a wedding an Italian friend commented about how high the heels are on the summer shoes this year. I thought they were high (too high) last year. They are worse this year. I looked, eagerly, for some elegant bronze or ivory footwear... and came away with nothing. Interesting, though, that while Sunday browsers like me looked at these creations, admired the stunning heels, and "oohed" and "aahed" over the designs, they were bending down to the lesser displays and picking up shoes with more wearable styles when it came to serious looking!

.

No comments: