1 May 2009

butterflies...

...come in all shapes, sizes and colours. As I paint, up on my scaffolding, a small black butterfly joins me. As I walk in the mountains it is small yellow one. Occasionally there is a monarch, swan plants may be found here too.

Somewhere I have a card featuring butterflies. I must find it. The message is about leaving the safe box, flying free with glorious colour, seeking adventure. At least that is how I remember it.

Many of you know that my "mascot" was always the bumblebee. Aerodynamically, it shouldn't be able to fly. But nobody told that to the bumblebee.


Bumblebee,
Butterfly,
Buzzy Bee.
Each one is
Beautiful.
.

Just living is not enough, said the Butterfly.
One must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower.
- Hans Christian Anderson (1805-1875)

How does one become a butterfly?" she asked pensively. "You must want to fly so much that you are willing to give up being a caterpillar."
- Trina Paulus, Hope for the Flowers

ps. butterfly image stolen from the www. Apologies if I have broken copyright...
.

No comments: