19 August 2011

yes but


Soooo frustrating when you choose the wrong materials. I started this in oil thinking that there was no deadline. It then became a purchased work with a tight deadline, and I can't get the oil dry fast enough (even though it is drying at record speed) and delivery day is tomorrow!

If I had painted it in acrylic I could have had much tighter detail and the work would be more in line with what I originally envisaged. If I didn't have in my mind what I really wanted I'd probably be quite happy with this. The two don't quite match, purely because of the time frame. Let's hope that the clients and recipient are happy :-)

Now to find a box to wrap it in and buy some glamorous paper as it is to be a gift and must be kept under wraps for a day.

3 comments:

Feijoa said...

A PHHHHH A PHHHHH A PHHHH
Is that drying it?

Kay said...

Something certainly is... it could be our OTT temperatures too! Thanks for the help :-))

Feijoa said...

(: