19 October 2013

demonstration in progress

Loving finding my way back into painting mode with this gentle demonstration for the loveliest student I could ever wish for. You will have to wait for the next lesson to see the finished picture.






Added later: 
getting there slowly, lots of teaching points in the next stage (below)


Colour variations are because I took these in various lights and stages of "wet". It is more delicate than it appears here. Watercolour always dries paler than it comes from the tube or when saturated. (Acrylic dries darker, and oil holds its colour pretty much the same, but can be made to "sing" by adding a glaze). This is 300gsm paper, hot press but not smooth, and using one brush, my favourite size 14 Robert Simmons.

Today I am grateful for paper and paint and my magic brush


No comments: