1 February 2008

today and tomorrow and for many weeks more...

Small beginnings but it really has started!



From this... which is dirt and can be very dusty



To this...which is stucco, and exposed rocks



and when it is dry, and finished, it is washed in acid, polished, and sealed... it will be beautiful, I can't wait! And oddly enough, although since I was a child my favourite building in New Zealand was the old stone store in Kerikeri, never ever in my life had I dreamed of living in a stone house several hundred years old. I had always planned to build something spacious, light and airy, with bay windows and a wonderful library. Funny how life turns out, sometimes! (Yes, I think I have said that before...)

1 comment:

Kay said...

Hi Jan, can you see these now?

See you around Christmas one place or t'other

:-)