8 January 2008

it's a choice, really

After years of correcting students' work, dotting the "i"s and crossing the "t"s, I chose not to use a capital letter this morning. I can do that you see, because this is my weblog, and while others may judge it, I am the one who creates it. Life is a bit like that too. Others contribute to my life, but it is I who accepts or rejects what is offered to me.

This morning I received an email that made me a little sad. It was going to be a difficult day for me. And then I checked my daughter's art blog, and on it was a post that gave me the sound of her laughter. It made all the difference in the world to me. It reminded me that I have a choice every day.

I can choose to be happy, or I can choose to be sad. The author of the email that made me a little sad once said to me that it's OK to have glass half empty days, but you must remember that your particular glass is more than half full. And that is true too. So today, after a little reflection, and the gift of laughter, I am choosing to be happy. It really is that easy! As easy as choosing not to use a capital letter.

No comments: