3 July 2009

some people never learn...

Of course my scaffolding hasn't been lifted up a level. What was I thinking?

And bless 'em, gotta love 'em, my co-workers seem to be stalling a few things to spin my job out a bit longer. What they don't know is that during today or tomorrow (depending on how long this break is!) I will hit the total hours I quoted for, and after that I am working for my pride and job satisfaction only!

I am home for a quick break (OK, an Italian break) and to collect some bleach to treat the last of the mould. Crazy I know, but in one part I kill real mould and on another I paint fake aging mould...

I thought I was on target to finish the work early next week, but in true construction style I think I will extend the finish date until next Friday.

My co-workers seem to enjoy the oddity of having a woman on site when they remember me, with lots of jesting about which one is a good "catch" for me, but when they forget about me and I have to walk past their out-door loo with the door wide open it is definitely "eyes down" on my part!

Today they are back on my side of the site and one of tne men was singing happily; I guess it is Friday!

PS later in the day: a very safe and secure platform has been built for me. All is set for more progress.

Today I am grateful for unspoken kindnesses.

No comments: