28 July 2009

progress

 
The fresco is now jumping off the surface and needs to be set back into some context. What looked like some fairly simple lines turned out to be a complicated 8 level structure and I have no idea which parts were "raised" and which were in shadow. This is also going to be a bigger job than it first seemed...

Very interesting for me, though, is that the more I study it the more sure I am that the original fresco (damaged in what I will call earthquake one) was repaired by the artist whose work I have been playing with after earthquake two. My hand is more like that of the original artist, way back in 1511. Do you think I might have worked in this building before?

Today I am grateful for a vivid imagination...
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kay I am thrilled to see the result of your life on a scaffold, I have felt that I really did miss something by not going into the building with you in April. Congratulations and yes the uncanny notion of the inevitable return nurtures your way
Ann

Sarah said...

Watch out. I believe in creepy beautiful things.