6 July 2009

the best i've ever experienced

If big is best then yesterday's thunderstorm which wiped out internet until this evening is the most impressive, longest-lasting and exciting one I have ever experienced in my life!

Outside my kitchen looked like a tip with up-turned garden furniture and added rubbish - Pickle had done her best to make it look pretty terrible, bringing home everyone else's rubbish to chew, but the storm really tipped it over the edge!

After surviving the storm (shut in the cantina in a very wetting dash for me) the dogs stayed relatively calm and relaxed outdoors through the second round of fireworks, some of which were landing on the house.

I didn't have the camera for the fireworks last night. They were so close that we were actually "inside" the display. It made the Saturday show look small. A friend said that in this village we might struggle to have enough to buy food but there is always enough for fireworks... we like things that sparkle and make a lot of noise.

We certainly do!

Today I am grateful for a clean garden area.

No comments: