24 July 2009

clean slate

Take my temperature, somebody, please!

I have stopped drinking wine, started washing my floors and cleaning my house, and am -yes really- getting a buzz out of things being sparkling clean and smelling good.

Yet as the mop moves back and forth (with the inevitable murky grey water - ancient walls breathe 500 years of dust) my thoughts escape to brilliant new paper waiting for me in Sarah's studio...

I have unfinished business with poppies, sunflowers, Italian landscapes, quaint old doors, 500 year old walls, lined old faces, gently rounded children...

I want to PAINT PAINT PAINT! (watercolour, of course! Watch those pigments flow...)

Today I am grateful for renewed passion about life.


(Do you think it was all the dark chocolate I ate last night? Healthy is as healthy does...)

No comments: