12 March 2009

a purple balloon

Today...

Nine out of ten fingerprints were successful. They could see that I have tried. Left hand index fingerprint still missing... but I am off the hook, allowed my documents to stay here!

I arrived at 8am to be there early at 8.30am for my 9am appointment to find that I was already second in the queue!

I too stepped out to make phonecalls and take coffee this morning. My cappucino was served with a perfect cocoa heart on the creamy froth.

I found parking everywhere I needed it.

I located the right person and managed to communicate my request for permission to install a permanent "climate appropriate" garden around the New Zealand monument at the Cassino Railway Station.

I refrained from spending too much money on a whimsical towel, and bought one of better quality for less from a street vendor an hour later.

I had a lengthy "real" conversation with the hardware shop man who is always so patient with my descriptions of what I want to buy.

The sun is shining, the snow on the hills glistening (there was more last night) and it is absolutely clear and glorious. Today the sky looks like a New Zealand sky!

I arrived home to see a purple ballon bouncing down the road toward me. When I bent to pick it up the wind took it swirling above me. It's work was not done so it continued on its merry way.

Today I am grateful for answered emails about memorial sites.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Beautiful. :)