31 March 2008

tired...

It is tiring, trying to function in another language... and maybe my very late night speaking Italian with two German women contributed a little to my morning lethargy.

I am cross with myself; I didn't do what I wanted to this morning because I slept in and then became caught up in other things.

Domani, domani, there is always tomorrow...

Yesterday I explained the various meanings of the word "cross". The English language is as difficult as Italian. It's a wonder we can communicate at all.

Thank goodness for smiles, that's what I say!

*****

But she was not tired enough, says Zacchi.

The indignity of it!

First she unblocked the handbasin, then while she was wet and mucky she turned her attention to me. A shampoo, and a trim. How would you like it, having your backside trimmed?

Dreadlocks are "in" mum, don't you know anything? It was hard work, getting those to stay.

But I admit I quite like my sleek new look... Ok, you can brush me more often, I know you want to...

No comments: