27 March 2008

sometimes you have to

Today has been really interesting. I have been with friends who are planning to start a new business. I admire their altruism, I love their enthusiasm, I really wish I could say with certainty that they will make a great success of this.

But I have seen that this is a depressed area, that people do not accept change readily, that dreams and reality are likely to be far apart.

I advise caution. Extreme caution. I would love to see their ideas come to fruition. I want to say "go for it, it will fly". But today I played devil's advocate. I spent 8 hours pointing out negatives. Sometimes you have to.

However...

I have my own plans, my own dreams, my own business. I have no regular income. I have a tough boss. I have very few overheads. I don't pay rent. I don't employ anyone. I am my own devil's advocate. I am my own advisor. I think I will make it.

...

This morning, I woke up singing. I have no idea why. There were no emails, there were no phone calls. There is much work to do. It is now quite late. My back is sore. My feet hurt. My eyes are tired.

I am still singing :-)

Oh, and Zacchi has gone to stay with his other mother tonight. She needed her toes licked. I suppose I miss him... yes, I think I do.

Drat, the scruffy little mutt has won me!

.

No comments: