11 July 2013

into the turps again

No, not what you are thinking!

I'm back in oils again; it seems like an age since I last worked in oil. I'm loving it, but still expecting the layers to dry as fast as acrylic does... patience, patience!

Now, do I show you progress shots or surprise you at the end? This is the painting of the triumphal arch at Aquino. I wanted it to be a bit special. The painting is well underway, but there is a long way to go.

Perhaps I'll just tease you with some details for now... :-)

This is about one fifth of the work, and about one quarter completed.



Looking at these photos I can see some structural changes I need to make. That objective space is what prompts me to post progress photos. Somehow I see the errors more clearly once I have made them public!

and another fifth to about the same stage: 




And added one day later: 

Today I am grateful for brushes, paint and canvas. 

2 comments:

Di said...

Loved this, 'That objective space is what prompts me to post progress photos. Somehow I see the errors more clearly once I have made them public!'
I'm the same with my posts, much to the frustration of my friends who don't edit post-publishin :-) It's different to what you write of but somehow the same.

Kay said...

I edit... sometimes I spot something even months later and change my posts. My first postings are never the final edit :-)

If you have just popped by, this is a long painting in five segments documenting somewhat fancifully a little of the history of the first ever triumphal arch (see earlier posts) that is need of lots of TLC and major saving!