18 March 2011

enjoying the break

Or should I say, enjoying the non-break, in the literal sense of the term? As the foot repairs itself I am enjoying being on rest, foot elevated and now with hardly any pain, and with good excuse to just relax and quietly tick off a few admin tasks on the computer. I can comfortably get to the cd player, the kettle, and even to the fridge should I so desire. The sun is trying its best to shine, the doors are open, the birds are singing, the instrumental CD is just lovely...

Today I had promised to help rake up stones around a memorial that is being re-aligned. I know I would have come home with blisters despite wearing gloves. I might be missing out on good company and productive fun, but I think I am on a winner for now!

Thought for the day: On grief: "Grief is the price we pay for love"

"My grandmother once said that grief is the price we pay for love. Here, today, we love and we grieve." (Prince William quoting Queen Elizabeth II in his speech to the people of Christchurch).

And a thought for every day:

He aha te mea nui o tenei ao? Maku e kii atu, He tangata, he tangata, he tangata!

You ask what is the most important thing in this world? I will tell you: It is people, it is people, it is people!
Maori proverb.

Today I am grateful for the new hope that comes with spring.

No comments: