26 February 2011

a quote i particularly like

"Artists have a special role to play in the global struggle for peace. At their best, artists speak not only to people; they speak for them. Art is a weapon against ignorance and hatred and an agent of public awareness… Art opens new doors for learning, understanding, and peace among people and nations."
Kofi Annan

Another one from this inspiring man is: “To live is to choose. But to choose well, you must know who you are and what you stand for, where you want to go and why you want to get there.”

With a little encouragement from my friends I lift my head up from the sorrows around me and take another step towards my goal.

Art is a language of communication. Combine that with something worth saying and we WILL make a difference, brush-stroke by brush-stroke, image by image, speech by speech.

Today I am grateful for encouraging words from friends.

No comments: