28 August 2009

prints and cards

I have had some prints and cards made of my recent work. This project is still at the experimental stage for me. What seems perfect colouring on my computer screen and in the photo prints comes back too dark from the printers. I modify, and will send again.

I am very much a hands-on control freak with my work. Perhaps I should find a tame local printer who will allow me to stand over the whole process. I had the luxury or working with one in New Zealand. He understood my angst and allowed me into his work space.

OK, back into the dictionary, there's a whole new set of vocabulary to be studied!

In the meantime, please excuse the colouring should I happen to post you a card with a rather darker than normal copy of a painting... and any artists reading this, if you have a tame printer (preferably one who speaks English and understands art prints and demanding artists) anywhere in the northern hemisphere do let me know.

Today I am grateful for hand sanitiser.

No comments: