24 August 2009

hope, trust , prayer... and encouragement


A blog I follow shows how a few dedicated friends have made the world of difference to a family in need. It is inspiring, and after a bleak initial prognosis it seems only a matter of time before, once again,
Chris Will Walk

***

I remember writing a speech for the school competitions when I was 13 years old. It was entitled "The Power of Positive Thinking". I don't remember the content now, but I still believe the message. Attitude, appropriate support, prayer and positive intention; they really do make a difference.

It wont always be easy, but we can make positive change. Imprinted in my memory from Sunday School classes in the Maru Maru Memorial Hall are the words "In this world is darkness, so we must shine... You in your small corner, and I in mine". Sometimes we forget to shine. Who was the wise person who said that the light of a candle is not dimmed when its flame is used to light another candle?
.

No comments: