14 August 2009

pace of life

I know, I should be blogging about painting occasionally. But I think I am in a rebuilding phase after overdoing it for a while. I am gathering, sorting, resting, finding inspiration... some might call it procrastinating. But the longer I leave it, the stronger the urge to paint becomes. You wouldn't want a half-hearted artist would you?

Pickle (Piccolina, really, but she is now heavier than Zacchi) has learnt that she can have anything she wants to eat as long as she waits until Zacchi has eaten first. Mostly they are the best of friends. They know that treats have to be shared, and that if they jump for them they both miss out. But Zacchi says that if there is anything interesting on the menu he will have first pick, thanks very much. That is the only time this independent female gives way to the frail but conniving Zacchi.

Pickle still can't be trusted inside alone. She likes to chew the corner of the couch, which is an absolute no-no. She is ok relaxing on the mat, but sneaks the odd chew on my garden shoe or the newspaper. Unfortunately Zacchi has taught her that toes and socks are good too...

I wandered down the garden today just in time to find ripe peaches. The peach tree is out of sight, and I nearly missed the small but juicy crop.

I am more than a little anxious about the state of the garden at the railway station. I haven't been able to pull weeds, and the thunderstorms seem to stimulate growth. Maybe Sunday evening will be a quiet time there so I can make a visible difference.

But now, in keeping with the summer song of the cicadas, it is time for lunch and a siesta.

Today I am grateful for positive thoughts.

1 comment:

Di said...

I do so enjoy the glimpses I have of your life. I get your updates in my blog reader and I guess I don't always show up as reading you. It sounds both beautiful and brave. Living in a country not your own is always braver than most realise.
x