7 August 2009

drawing lines in the sand

Today I didn't paint. I did work on my art, but not with a brush.

It was a birthday (not mine), an odd day. It felt like the weekend, so I forgot to do things that needed to be done during the week.

Last night's dinner with neighbours reinforced how lucky I am to live in this lovely place. There are ups and downs, but the ups are special.

It was full moon last night, my moon. I am a Leo. I wonder, how much does the moon affect our energy? If it can pull a tide, what can it do to a mere mortal? Or is it the merciless sun, the hot temperatures, that saps me now? Today I noticed that my little olives are showing the lack of water. Another summer, and I still haven't got my irrigation system up and running.

Have I taken on too much, or am I simply too good at procrastinating?

Pickle is barking outside and Zacchi wants to go out to join her. There is a beer festival down in the valley. No, little dogs, you must stay home tonight.

I see that the haka has been appropriated yet again... but this time performed by Maori. Does that say something? The haka is fascinating to Europeans, desirable, and money talks. I hope that someone takes a stand again, pulls the advertisement. Where is the line in the sand? Is money the wave, the tide, that takes it away?

Give me the moon, serene in the sky, rather than money, any day.

Today I am grateful for cool moonlit nights...

No comments: