31 December 2009

happy new decade...

I had many witty, profound and interesting things to say... but they disappeared into the New Year's Eve baking! Suffice only to say that the ultimate comfort food is condensed milk eaten from the tin with a teaspoon.

Everything I have tried to write today has come out ponderous and heavy. Delete, delete.

I went to work this morning, able to match paint colours in good daylight with no other lighting. The weather was good, sunny, not cold, and I didn't even turn the electricity on. The site was empty, all other workers on holiday for a week or ten days. I like working alone; I can sing knowing that nobody can hear. There's something pretty special about having such a huge building all to yourself.

Now it is time to transform myself... boots and painting gear must vanish, where is my magic wand? Party clothes required. Happy New Year!

Today I am grateful for distant friends who understand the space I am in.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Happy New Year from me and Paikei!
<3 + <3