1 January 2010

on the first day

...of the new year I woke, a guest in a comfortable home, and at 6.30am snuck downstairs to clean up after the dinner party of the night before. It was a fun thing to do, knowing that it would be appreciated.

Now when I wake, instead of rolling over and enjoying the lie-in, I will get up, check my emails, and then study for an hour.

2010. My new word is discipline. But I wont throw out the old word; my 2009 word was gratitude. I hope that I never lose that word... but one day I will happily discard discipline :-)

The last two days had seen conversation with friends from France, Italy, England, Belgium and Scotland. I love it when the conversations slide seamlessly between Italian, French and English.

Today I am grateful for a multi-national group of friends.

3 comments:

Feijoa said...

Inspirational. I'm being so lazy at the moment... which is stressing me out. Lazy and stressed at the same time, it's not cool.

Kay said...

I'm still struggling with the 11+ though... thank goodness for mandarines!

Anonymous said...

Dear Kay,
Condensed milk, at its most yummiest straight from the tin. Cooler weather may see you needing Milo, crumpets, split pea & bacon bone soup etc! Happy New Year from Taradale