28 December 2009

11+ ain't easy

Tomorrow I will have been back in Italy for two weeks. The 11+ is not going well. I am not even blaming Christmas! My routines are in tatters and my "new habits" are not yet established. With going out to eat, and having passing visitors at my house, I have been getting the balance of my proteins, carbs and fruit and veges out of kilter.

Domani... there's always domani... I will try to be more disciplined. Today I will change the location of the nuts (too handy, too good to eat) and the vegetable snacks (too cold straight out of the fridge). The Christmas dried fruits have been tempting too, and I tell myself that they are better than chocolate. Maybe they should be less accessible?

But mostly what has been lacking is real exercise. No excuses, the last two days have been glorious for at least a part of the day.

I faced the scales this morning. No weight loss, but my jeans tell me that there has been a slight change of shape - mine or the jeans? I am not quite sure!

Today I am grateful for yummy fresh vegetables.

1 comment:

Feijoa said...

Little Doggies! Nag for a walk! And mum can eat apples while you run around the hills... easy peasy.
11+ is a LOT.