22 December 2009

another two

One for an aussie child with kiwi links and a great-aunt who loves genealogy, and another for a kiwi who lives on a farm. I made a few alterations/improvements to "Ryan" and put a hat on the upright snake after this photograph, but forgot to photograph it again. Drat.

The second one, for Jacob, was framed with raised beading (painted white by the framer) next to the picture and a blue mat. It looked great. The colours are brighter than they appear here. It is my choice to leave the selecting of frames to the framers. They are the experts, and up-to-date with the trends. Sometimes I reserve the right to choose the mat.

I am looking forward to my two next works, although they will be in oil, not my beloved watercolour. But work is work, and to be passionate about it is a bonus!

:-)

4 comments:

Feijoa said...

Wicked pix, the kids will be pleased. You could definitely do a line of bright pictures for nursery walls. Although I'm glad you put a hat on that snake! (:

Kay said...

PS: the kiwi kids get worms, not snakes. I have now done 6 of these pics. They seem simple but take forever! Have one more to do but would like to do it slightly differently as it is for a little girl.

Sarah said...

Where's Parker's?

Kay said...

I guess he gets worms AND snakes? Kiwis and guitars? Send me the list...