2 April 2008

patience

I went to the police department in Cassino this morning to check on my visa. It expires shortly too. Don't worry, they told me, you can come and go as you please. Come back in May and we might have your documents ready. Thankyou for coming, but there is no problem.

In the small waiting room were three nuns, a young couple and a child, a young man with a child, two middle-aged men one ahead of me, one behind me. Three young women came in to check their place in the queue and went outside again. In the five minutes or so I waited at least five police men and women squeezed through the crowd.

I was called in after the nuns and ahead of others who had waited longer. My consultation was in the corridor, and I hardly needed to say anything. I think they recognise me, or at least my passport, these days.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Well! They should bake you muffins in glee, to make your waiting experience even better. :D