25 September 2013

comfort zones

Sometimes, believing I am doing the right thing, I stick my neck out, say things without too much reflecting, and then go rushing back into my shell because I might have overstepped that invisible mark or have been out of line. It is not new, it is a habit I have.

Last night I tossed and turned, wondering if I had got it all wrong in my happy efforts to help yesterday. I think I did overstep the mark, say things that were unwelcome. But my intentions were good, so why do I beat myself up?

I have to move on.

Today there is a public meeting and forming of committees for May 2014. I will be listening and observing, making lots of notes and only speaking when spoken to.

Is it wrong to wish for more confidence and thicker skin, sometimes?

Today I am grateful for a hot shower.


1 comment:

Di said...

I think it comes with being artist. The thin skin, the ability to observe, the desire to speak a truth ...

I don't know. I wouldn't be without the thin skin but sometimes, I ache from it.