15 March 2010

quasi...

So close to finishing work across the road, apart from the panels in one apartment. Happiness is...

Last night I gave in to the cold (it was even down to 4 degrees in Naples overnight) and moved my bed upstairs. Beautiful old stone houses are wonderful in the summer, but in a winter like this (with heating systems not yet in place, and the computer not near the fire) the floors and walls are sooooo cold!

The dogs were not so impressed, they stayed downstairs, but I slept well without them!

It will be spring, officially, next week. Occasionally we are getting wonderful days, but they serve only to punctuate what has been a cold and wet winter. Winters call for something special... full milk Milo! Recently my daughter in America wrote a blog about the memories and sensations a smell brought back to her. Making chocolate truffles was her trigger. This morning as I stirred my treat of full milk Milo I was instantly transported to the kitchen in Marumaru, nearly 50 years ago, to be standing beside my mother in the kitchen, stirring the chocolately Milo into the steaming milk. Senses. The human body is a wonderful thing.

Today I am grateful for full milk milo.

PS: Back to art...check out this link, I like what he says about the role of the artist.

No comments: