2 March 2010

oh dear...

Today I ordered three books from Amazon. It was far too easy to do. I will try not to make it a habit.

I think I am missing my books a little. Study, Kay, study! Thou shalt not read in English until thou hast learned another verb tense (Tui's advert here...)

Oops, on re-reading this I realise that I ordered those books because I am procrastinating. I have a painting to do that I am not anxious to start. Tomorrow, 9am, I will begin! The books can be a reward for good effort...

Yesterday I had a little battle with a shop about a dog lead that snapped after very few "wears". They didn't think it was their problem, even when I showed them as comparison the previous lead that wore out after three years, not three weeks. It's not the first time they've annoyed me. They eventually gave me a new lead, but so reluctantly that they have lost a customer. I have spent several hundreds of euros with them on building supplies, and would have spent many more, but they lost my custom over 7 euros.

This morning instead of going there I phoned another shop for the glue for the tiles in the cantina, and it was delivered (from a neighbouring town) within half an hour! Work has begun. Flooring in the cantina; it's only been three years in coming, but I wanted to get everything sussed first.

Today I am grateful for prompt and courteous service.

No comments: