24 March 2010

the gift

Last night I cooked schnitzel. The dogs knew. They waited on their best behaviour for the tidbits that come when I have finished eating. (Bad behaviour = no treats! They are not allowed to beg). They also knew that the left-over pieces were in the fridge.

I got a bit hungry and it's too early for dinner, so I went to get something from the fridge. Two little dogs promptly sat in "look at me being perfect" poses. They weren't even in the room!

Reluctantly I walked over to share the last of the cold meat with them.

In the few minutes it took to break up and share the treat I saw the most glorious sunset. If I had eaten all of the schnitzel myself I wouldn't have even known that the sky was a rich pink and the sun a glowing plate sliding down behind the hills.

I'll bet that the sunset at the beach was wonderful tonight!

Today I am grateful for the gifts from nature.

No comments: