16 January 2010

no work today

This morning was the meeting to confirm dates for an exhibition of New Zealand art in Cassino. Getting mentally prepared, finding the right thing to wear, putting on make-up and fussing with my hair so I didn't present a "bruta figura" on New Zealand's behalf took far longer than the meeting did. Losing my touch, I am!

In the office all my Italian went out the window. Where are my friends when I need them most? But all is well, the dates are set for 15 - 29 May, and as soon as I exited the City Hall I bumped into a friend who works there and my Italian came flowing back.

That effort, I thought, merited a walk in the sunshine up to my favourite spot behind the village.

The day has been glorious, the third or fourth in a row with cobalt skies and clear air. It really was short sleeves on the mountainside today. I wandered up in my tracksuit, forgetting that under the top I had only a long-sleeved merino undergarment. Fortunately New Zealand undergarments look a lot like Italian outer garments so I pushed up my sleeves and enjoyed the sun for an hour or two, watching the rock climbers. (Click to enlarge photos).
As the sun went down there was more foot traffic on the hillside than cars on the road below.This rock (below) isn't going to fall soon... click on the photo to see the safety measures taken to keep us safe!
Today I am grateful for my comfortable tracksuit and footwear.

No comments: