5 January 2010

it's tuesday 5 january

... and time to review progress with the word for the year. Discipline? I have it sometimes. Yesterday was too cold to work (paint wont stick etc) so I studied in one form or another all day. But on the exercise and the 11+ front, a big "did not achieve".

Achievement of yesterday was (cringe) reading a Barbara Cartland romance from cover to cover... but give me a break, it was in Italian. Romance stories still make me sad though, so it's back to the grammar exercises today.

In this morning's in box - you'd think someone was watching, really - was this quotation:
"No stream or gas drives anything until it is confined. No Niagara is ever turned into light and power until it is tunneled. No life ever grows great until it is focused, dedicated and disciplined."
~Harry E. Fosdick

Ok, I'll try to do better today. This quote does, however, beg the question "What makes a life great?" And that takes me right back to an unfinished post from last year, about achieving one's potential.

Today I am grateful for layers of New Zealand merino.

No comments: