29 January 2010

and friday came along too

Today: the entrance hall is quasi finito. I have done all that I can reach with my portable scaffolding cot, and on Monday if safe scaffolding is built over the stairs I will finish all except touching up oddments in the ingresso.

Today I repainted a part that I had slaved over months ago. The plasterer, new to the job, simply saw a piece of old wall under the chipped stone he was repairing, and slapped white stucco all over my handiwork. Sigh! I'll take it as a compliment: it must have been convincingly old and integrated to a young eye.

On the home front my new second-hand kitchen cupboards have arrived. I am continuing with my kitchen rebellion, using tall upper hanging cupboards down on the floor. It gives me a great "sorting papers" benchtop, or a bar leaner, from which to gaze into the fire as I sup my vino... I justify my breaking with tradition in the kitchen layout by simply saying "It works for me!"

Today I am grateful for a huge bear hug from a cuddly-bear friend.

No comments: