25 September 2009

while my back was turned

While I was staying with my daughter things changed back here. We now have pedestrian crossings, a slow down sign, and the tiniest of little judder bars with large amounts of white paint. Not enough to slow down the ragazzi, but enough to make a point. Well done to the neighbours who petitioned for this.

Our village is changing. We don't like change much, here in our sleepy little piece of heaven. Zacchi and I contemplated the glistening white paint on the road and decided that as it will soon be tatty and worn, never to be repainted, it was probably a shame, really, that it was done in the first place.

This morning to my delight, when I poked my head out to see if there was coffee brewing next door, I saw another friend leaning against his car, parked right over the pedestrian crossing. After a warm hug and an exchange of greetings we chatted a bit, standing in the middle of the road.

I'm home!

Today I am grateful for time standing still.

No comments: