20 September 2009

frayed edges and loose threads

Today has been tidy-up day. Sewing tasks completed, or as completed as they will be, but I am ashamed to admit that the handiwork is mine. I worked too quickly, not measuring, ironing or pinning the seams. I'd almost qualify for a job on the "Changing Rooms" programme... colourful, funky, and it looks OK until you get close to it! Now of course, the challenge remains: I will have to recover the papasan chair so that I don't cringe when I look at the sewing!

I have filled my suitcase with art supplies and weighed in with it... shudder... the scales here are in pounds, not kilos, and the numbers are far too high! A month of eating with no exercise despite the best of intentions means that the dogs will be walked twice as fast when I get home.

I probably wont post for a few days, but will be back online next week sometime.

Today I am grateful for generous friends.

1 comment:

pasticcino said...

Buon viaggio! Mille baci!